Beam Global is helping B2B high-tech and software startups or locally-established companies to launch globally a new or an existing product
The possibilities of B2B marketing abroad are far beyond our imagination, and can potentially yield numerous customers, resulting in a significant boost to your business. However, attempting to enter these markets also poses considerable obstacles and risks.
The International marketing readiness test we created, a crucial part of a company’s business strategy, is a process of assessing whether a company, an enterprise , a product, or a service are ready for international activity. The objective of the assessment is to minimize the risk, increase the chance of success, and plan the right actions to prepare for this endeavor.
- Feasibility check to determine if your business is ready to market its products abroad
- Gathering information through customers, industry leaders, exhibitions, and market research.
- Readiness evaluation of investment and risk vs. return when marketing your business abroad
- Strategic planning and identifying the specific market and the right product/s
- Gap analysis for completing product development, regulation, logistics, resource planning, production and legal aspects
- Helps you determine whether you should market internationally
- Saves resources on international marketing by proper planning
- Increases your chance of success through a detailed readiness plan for marketing abroad
- Base your decisions on facts rather than on guesstimates and unfounded assumptions
- Make smart strategic critical decisions regarding products for export and target territories
Understanding your business and product characteristics, your target markets abroad, your industry trends and the competition, will help you plan your go-to-market, budget your B2B marketing efforts, and reach your prospective customers effectively, while also reducing time-to-market.
Creating a solid marketing strategy and marketing plan require that you pinpoint your target customers while also defining your value proposition and unique selling points. Accordingly, you can determine your international marketing objectives and sales targets, establish a go-to-market plan and a reasonable budget.
- Researching and assessing the market’s characteristics, size, potential and industry trends
- Mapping out key market players including industry leaders, consultants, competitors and distributors
- Pinpointing relevant regions and market segments or verticals with highest chance of success
- Establishing “buyer persona” profiles including prospective customer attributes
- Determining marketing goals, including revenues, profits, market share and customer acquisition
- Preparing a ‘go-to-market’ strategy, specifying how you will meet your marketing and sales goals
- Defining company positioning and USP (unique selling proposition)
- Defining exactly your product or service
- Setting up pricing models
- Defining sales channels and assigning distributors
- Defining marketing and communication channels, and marketing tools
- Incorporating digital channels, tools and social media in the marketing plan
- Step-by-step work plan with action items and target dates
- Establishing a marketing budget
- Base decisions on facts and professional analysis, not on gut feelings
- Focus on target customers in a specific market segment to achieve successful, cost-effective marketing, and reduce time-to-market
- Ability to compete with large international companies that have vast resources
- Ability to compete with companies that operate locally in your target markets, and that sell products tailored to those local markets at relatively low prices
- Establish written marketing content, highlighting your product’s benefits and company’s positioning and synchronize marketing messages with your target customer needs
- Get a work plan in place, ready for immediate implementation
- Budget your marketing expenses, matching them to your marketing goals to avoid wasted resources.
It can be challenging to compete with global corporations that have extensive resources and fancy budgets for B2B marketing and sales. That’s why, in order for a small company to gain maximum international exposure and to project a global profile, it’s essential first to devise a comprehensive marketing scheme.
In global marketing choosing the right B2B marketing channels, preparing high-quality marketing materials and sales tools, and monitoring traffic, are critical for gaining visibility, increasing lead-generation, and positioning you as a professional company in the big leagues.
- Preparing professional marketing and sales tools for your global marketing activities
- Planning top-notch company presentations and demos
- Combining digital and online channels to gain an optimal marketing mix
- Creating a website that generates leads and positions you as a market leader
- Defining calls-to-action and landing pages
- Leveraging social media to publish your content, generate leads, and locate distributors
- Keyword research
- PPC campaigns on AdWords, Bing, and LinkedIn
- Lead nurturing to establish relationships with potential customers and get them to purchase your product
- PR (public relations) planning and management
- Preparing and publishing marketing content
- Selecting trade shows and leveraging them for gaining leads, partnerships, and brand recognition
- Using Google analytics and other digital tools to monitor and optimize your online activities
- Effective marketing tools that project a global, professional and successful company
- Top-quality, stimulating demos and presentations that prompt immediate responses
- Generate traffic to your website, create engagement, and reduce bounce rate
- Obtain more qualitative leads
- Attract and recruit distributors with a higher profile level and support their activities
- Steer your marketing efforts according to market trends and customer feedback
- Gather smart business intelligence that yields diversified business opportunities
- Pinpoint new marketing channels to match your marketing strategy
The fastest way to penetrate the global market and to succeed in B2B sales is when other international customers recommend your products and services. To get those first happy customers, using the services of an outsourced sales executive and marketing consultant is one the smartest moves you can make to create an effective sales funnel, while avoiding the hefty expense of a full-time sales director.
In order to enter the global sphere you must first define your market beachhead to target your first few clients within the selected segments and territories. A seasoned outsourced sales executive and marketing consultant will lead your beachhead strategy utilizing his B2B marketing expertise, sales tactics, and a vast professional network, to generate your first leads, grow your sales funnel, and convert prospects into paying customers.
- Generate leads
- Locate potential customers, which are early adopters or strategic and are likely to become your first customers
- Engage with thought leaders, analysts, and consultants
- Join and leverage professional organizations
- Prepare and lead your first meetings by upgrading your presentation and product demos to international standards
- Align your B2B sales process with the buyer’s journey
- Manage the complex process of a B2B sale, identify the decision makers and create clear messages that stimulate interest in your product.
- International business development according to the market players mapping and opportunities
- Establishing an effective sales funnel
- Closing the first deals
- Impressive presentations and meetings on an international level, considerably increasing sales closures
- Collaborating with key market players and identifying growth opportunities
- Positioning your company as a professional , innovative and globally-notable in your industry
- Enhancing customer’s perceived value proposition, and adjusting your prices accordingly
- Penetrating international markets using a low budget, compatible with the company’s early growth stage
- Matching the required service to your company needs according to growth stage, founder’s personality, budget, business environment, and predefined timeline
- Outsourced sales executive who serves as the company’s official sales director, equipped with your company business card and company email address.
- Avoid paying a salary of a sales director
When conducting sales abroad, many B2B companies need to develop their sales channels using distributors, strategic business partners or other channel partners. Locating highly-reputable distributors that are most suitable to your company, understanding their interests, and leveraging their experience to your benefit are essential for your success in the international sales arena.
Locating and selecting the right distributor and channel partner in a foreign country is a difficult challenge. Be sure to use effective channels to search and quickly pinpoint top candidates and thoroughly select the ones, who will represent your product positively and will achieve rapid results.
- Establishing a relevant distributor or business partner profile
- Locating distributors through our global business network or proprietary and proven search channels
- Meeting with potential qualified distributors
- Evaluating skills, business network and commitment level to identify the best candidates
- Introducing the company and its business model, and conducting product demos
- Negotiating a distribution contract
- Onboarding, matching expectations, training and managing your distributors’ network
- Preparing marketing and sales tools for distributors
- Offering incentives and establish a solid business relationship to motivate your distributors
- Monitoring and evaluating distributor performance
- Recruiting more distributors and expanding your distribution channels
- Nominating distributors suitable to your industry, your product, and to your business goals
- Time invested in establishing and training a network of partners will pay off in the long-run
- Avoid wasting resources on unsuitable distributors
- Ensuring lucrative distribution contracts for the company
- Selecting and training highly-motivated and committed distributors
- Referring any generated leads to your distributors
- Equipping your distributors with effective marketing tools for selling your product
- Monitoring distributor activities and achievements
- Increasing sales and growing the company
- Pay for this service based on actual measurable activities and results
Taking your first few steps to develop markets abroad in order to compete internationally requires a certain amount of investment. It is important not only to estimate the amount of capital required to execute your plans, but also to secure sufficient funding.
There are several different available funding channels from which you can choose, whether local or foreign governmental funds and grants, private investors, or venture capital funds.
- Choosing the most suitable funding channel
- Developing a business plan
- Writing an executive summary
- Preparing and conducting investor presentations
- Preparing and submitting marketing plans and grant applications, including to “Smart Money”, Shlav, The Office of the Chief Scientist or to the European research and innovation grants such as Horizon 2020
- Obtain funding from the best channels
- Marketing plan preparation adapted to the “Smart Money” program
- Stand out among your business competitors when conducting presentations to investors
- Increase your chance of impressing the potential investors and financing authorities
- Raise your company’s business value
- Match your budget with your marketing goals
Known as the ‘startup nation’ of high-tech, Israel is a habitat for game-changing cutting-edge innovations, in which many leading global companies and brands have already invested billions. If you are looking to tap into Israel’s local skills and knowhow, make sure to first speak with an expert who is highly familiar with the local technological scene.
While it may seem tempting to invest or partner with an emerging Israeli company, before you make any decision about a particular technology, you should consult with an expert who has a finger on the pulse, with a deep understanding of the local business scene, and who can provide valuable insights into the company in question.
- An experienced scout for new Israeli high-tech start-ups, for investment or partnering
- Locating and evaluating Israeli target companies and their solutions, technologies, management and local references
- Managing all the communication required for conducting joint business and finalizing a business agreement
- Excellent communicator, fluent in English, Hebrew and Spanish
- Handling the commercialization of new product lines
- Enhance your existing product offering and gain a competitive edge with break-through Israeli technologies
- Receive in-depth information about recommended top-picks, selected from a vast number of companies
- An opportunity, as a foreign company, to penetrate the Israeli market
What Client’s Say
Working with Ori was truly a pleasure! His invaluable insights on international marketing, sales and business development pertaining to the innovative e-paper print management system were extremely helpful to our company. Ori provided highly professional service, and met all of our deadlines, despite various constraints from our end. Ori additionally assisted us in establishing a solid marketing plan; obtaining funding; penetrating the U.S market; closing our first sale in India; and recruiting top distributors in Europe.
Beam Global‘s vast experience in international B2B marketing and thorough understanding of the software industry, was our springboard to our international expansion with our advanced hotel management system.
Through his professional approach, Ori devised and implemented a marketing strategy and marketing plan tailored to our organization, and which was also relevant to our international target markets.
Guiding us through our initial but critical international marketing steps, Ori was able to recruit esteemed thought leaders in the field and lead the signing of distribution agreements with business partners. He also implemented innovative marketing and sales techniques that were suited to our company, as we transitioned from local to global activity.
Shortly after Ori began working with Idea he quickly understood the nature of the market in which Idea operates, its complexity, and how its competitors operate. Drawing upon the company’s advantages, Ori was able to devise an international marketing plan tailored to our budget, to the company’s field of operation, and its groundbreaking archiving management technology.
Ori created an international marketing and sales infrastructure that enabled us, as a company just entering the global markets, to successfully compete in the industry with large and well-established enterprises. While establishing a network of distributors in Europe, Ori positioned us perfectly for penetrating European markets.
Ori helped us in preparing a professional marketing plan which he tailored to our B2B software company, and which was aimed at obtaining funding for our international activities. Ori demonstrated dedication and skillfulness, together with a deep understanding of the marketing needs of companies that wish to penetrate markets abroad.
Thank you for your thorough work! I have utterly enjoyed working with you. I especially learned a lot from you about how to prepare our company for export, and from the international market research you conducted in our field. I hope to use your consultancy services again in the future.
Beam Global has been contracted to prepare a marketing plan for the company. During his work, Ori has conducted a thorough research and prepared a comprehensive market review, including its size, trends and competitors.
Ori has analyzed our strengths and weaknesses compared to the competitors and positioned Diuk in the international marketplace and with respect to different territories and countries.
Ori has devised a marketing strategy and a working plan for the next years, which has been accepted by our management.
I’d like to mention, Ori’s commitment and professionalism throughout the entire work process.
Ori cooperated very well with the team now and has prepared and presented his work clearly and intelligently.
Ori has been of great help to us. To begin with, he has fully understood all our inherent business aspects and thereafter wisely guided us how to word and what to stress in our funding application . He was available throughout all the application process and did everything to help us submit the application on time. And indeed, we have obtained the funding! Thank you!
Ori Ainy from Beam Global fully understands the complexity and challenges of international sales. As our marketing consultant, Ori has helped us to consolidate our products and sales channels strategy of our new technology. Given the market data and mapping of key market players, Beam Global has decoded our global go-to-market strategy.